Friday, June 17, 2011

The City That Never Sleeps-NYC


Anyone who's ever known me knows that I always wanted to go to New York City, one of the fashion capitals of the world.  Basically, everyone tells me I'm such a California/LA girl because it's beaches and cities, and NYC is every fashionista's dream to visit.  This year I got to go as part of a school trip with 3 of my friends and it was amazing!!!  The shopping is fabulous, the city is so much fun, Time Square looks exactly like it does in all the TV shows and movies, it's hard to write about everything.  I'll focus on the shopping and fashion aspect of NYC.  (Note: In this picture above, we're on Fashion Avenue at the Designer Sidewalk!)
I noticed that everyone was either dressed very pulled together with high waisted skirts and tops, big sunglasses, and either an oversized bag or an across-the-shoulder bag with flats or heels.  If New Yorkers were not wearing this, they had no sense of fashion at all and were wearing baggy t-shirts and sweats or bad-fitting jeans.  I didn't notice much middle ground, either you were completely pulled together or you honestly didn't care about your outfit.
The shopping was amazing, but that's no surprise.  Everyone knows how fabulous the shopping is in NYC.  All of the parts of Manhattan each had really good shopping although they were totally different.  The Upper East Side had 5th Avenue which was filled with the high end designer stores, Chinatown had tons of cheap jewelry and purses and t-shirts, SoHo had cute little boutiques like Dash (the Kardashian store), Greenwich Village had Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture along with very original little boutiques.  The Garment/Fashion District had more stores about making and designing your own clothes, such as Mood Fabrics from Project Runway.  Let's just say because I'm a shopaholic, of course I went shopping a ton in NYC.  I'll show the favorite things I bought in a haul video on my You Tube channel PinkDiamondGoddess, so don't forget to check that out!!
xoxo,
Serena
P.S. Expect more posts about NYC soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment